Asset Management and Investor Reporting
HCP’s platform works interdepartmentally across various disciplines to provide comprehensive asset management services in order to ensure delivery of maximum tax benefit and timely reporting to our Investor Partners. HCP asset management services are provided by the following HCP teams:
- Construction Risk Management: Provides expertise in connection, pre-construction review, and construction oversight.
- Project Management: Manages the investment from closing through stabilization, working in conjunction with the other HCP teams to monitor construction, initial tenant compliance, delivery of tax credits and placement of a permanent financing.
- Asset Management: Monitors property performance including property inspections, tax credit compliance and adherence to regulatory rules, from stabilization through disposition to help maximize cash flow, delivery of tax credits and property value. The Asset Management team maintains relationship with the general partner, analyzes and when necessary, recommends troubled asset resolutions, refinance, restructuring and disposition requests.
- Compliance: Works with third party vendors to ensure comprehensive audits of all first year tenant files as well as annual sample audits. The Compliance team also coordinates the collection and review of all annual owner’s certifications and state audits and assists in the resolution of any outstanding issues related to the issuance of 8823s or down units.
- Funds Management: Monitors tax benefits to ensure proper allocation of tax credits and losses to our Investors Partners. Monitors capital accounts and minimum gain, and assists in making business decisions designed to preserve and maximize fund yields.
- Tax: Provides the timely collection and review of lower tier K-1s, preparation and filing of fund tax returns, and the delivery of Schedule K-1s to our Investor Partners. Tax coordinates the preparation and review of all fund tax returns and works to identify and resolve tax issues to maximize benefits to our Investor Partners.
- Investor Reporting: Manages the information related to the asset management services and ensures timely reporting to our Investor Partners.
Director, Construction Risk Management
Director, Asset Management
Mr. Bass is the Director of Construction Risk Management and is based in El Paso, Texas. Mr. Bass has specialized in multifamily housing for over 25 years with a focus on design/build construction project management and estimating. He is responsible for coordinating LIHTC construction oversight nationwide from pre-construction due diligence through project completion. Mr. Bass is a Registered Texas Architect and AIA Member.
El Paso, TX
Mr. Kim has over 20 years of business experience in the LIHTC industry. Previously, Mr. Kim was the Interim Direct of Asset Management at Community HousingWorks, Inc., a not for profit affordable housing developer located in San Diego where he oversaw Asset Management. Prior to that Mr. Kim was a Senior Asset Manager/Investor Relations at the Los Angeles Housing Partnership, where he oversaw asset management activities and managed relations with lenders, investors, city agencies, and State agencies. Mr. Kim has also worked as a Supervisory Project Manager for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), where he spearheaded the development of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Pilot Program and helped coordinate the refinancing of 223(a)(7) loans. Mr. Kim earned his Bachelor of Arts in Asian Studies from the University of Michigan.
Los Angeles, CA
Vice President, Funds Management
Managing Director, Tax
Mr. Alamilla has specialized in multifamily affordable housing finance and asset management for over 14 years. Mr. Alamilla oversees the preparation of financial analytics for individual transactions and upper tier funds, evaluates transactions based on tax aspects and company criteria, and ensures analytics are consistent with industry standards as well as company goals. Prior to working at Hunt Capital Partners, Mr. Alamilla held various roles at national syndicator, nonprofit developer and private investment company. Mr. Alamilla received his B.S. from the California State University, Fullerton and an MBA from Brandman University. Mr. Alamilla holds several industry designations including Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP).
Los Angeles, CA
Ms. Pannata has over 20 years of experience in the real estate industry. Ms. Pannata has primarily focused in the areas of partnerships, affordable housings and tax credits. Ms. Pannata is responsible for overseeing the federal and state income tax reporting function for properties and funds. Ms. Pannata received a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from California State University, Fresno and a Master in Taxation from Golden Gate University. Ms. Pannata is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Los Angeles, CA